Wed, 22 Dec 2010 23:14:28 +0200, /Stanimir Stamenkov/:
> Tue, 21 Dec 2010 20:52:54 -0500, /NO/:
>
>> Hello all, I have a yahoo account and I need to know if there is a
>> way to keep the spam folder from being downloaded in the retrieval
>> of messages?
>
> Do you use POP or IMAP for accessing Yahoo Mail?

Well, I'm not sure if there are any settings in the Web UI to
customize the POP behavior but Yahoo provides free IMAP access [1]
for some time now - I'm using it and generally recommend it.  You
could always define filters to (or do manually) move certain
messages to Local Folders.

[1]
http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.thunderbird/msg/8750ae9a9e89e335

--