On 12/29/2010 10:26 PM, NoOp wrote:
On 12/29/2010 06:33 PM, Justin Wood (Callek) wrote:
On 12/29/2010 5:07 PM, Ricardo Palomares Martí­nez wrote:
- will provisions be made for importing/exporting lightning calendars?

That's my biggest concern, too.:-)

Lightning is an extension, one which does not directly provide support
for SeaMonkey, and is also [last I knew] currently targeting Gecko 1.9.2
which there was and is no SeaMonkey release on.

We as the Council hopes there is a suitable solution for lightning
users, and will support the efforts where possible, but I do not foresee
anyone from the SeaMonkey team devoting direct time to get export/import
improved in the near future.

I *highly* recommend that the "Council" sort out the issues (personal
and technical) with the SeaMonkey&  Lightning folks *before* any SM 2.1
release. If you don't then I suspect that you'll continue to lose space
with MS Office&  other browser/calendar integration offerings. IMO
seamless Lightning integration with SeaMonkey is critical to SeaMonkey's
future.

The problem is not one of desire or lack of effort. it is one of resources. We simply do not have the resources to support Lightning issues ourselves, Mozilla Messaging (Thunderbird) whom Lightning is targeting also are not able to devote time to help with critical bugs in Lightning at this time.

In the end, people chosing to use it [lightning] or not, it is an extension and we are 100% volunteers. Working on/with code that is much further in scope than either Firefox or Thunderbird [though some of the code is shared]. We do not have a single paid person working on SeaMonkey.

If lightning is THAT important to you, dare I ask you assist by devoting some of your time to keeping it working for SeaMonkey. it is the Human Resource issue that we have here, not knowledge or desire. So myself, any others from the SeaMonkey Council and/or any others from the calendar team will be perfectly willing to help coordinate your fixes where they are needed.

--
~Justin Wood (Callek)