On 12/30/10 1:52 PM, Rufus wrote:
> What exactly does the Customize option/selection for Filters under the
> first column using Edit do, and how does one use it?
>
> Assuming one can use it...I can't find anything about it in Help.

When you create or edit a filter, the first column identifies header
fields in the messages to be filtered.  There is a small set header
fields already in the repertoire of the column.  The Custom option
allows you to add more header fields.

For example, I added Injection-Info and User-Agent to the column's list.
 Now, when I create a new filter, those two appear along with Subject,
From, Date, and Size.  I don't think I'm currently using Injection-Info,
but I am definitely using User-Agent (per my signature below).

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

On occasion, I might filter and ignore all newsgroup messages
posted through GoogleGroups via Google's G2/1.0 user agent
because of spam from that source.