David E. Ross wrote:
On 1/9/11 12:37 PM, Ray_Net wrote:
Robert Kaiser wrote:
Ray_Net schrieb:
Why they put this txt file
into a file that cannot be used by notepad.exe ?

Because a database is faster for accessing specific data, needs less
memory (we don't need to parse and analyze all data just to display some
part of it), allows more efficient and flexible organization (like tags)
easily and enables better exchange for things like Sync.

I am using 2.0.x with the flat file bookmarks.html without noticing any
slowdown of SM. SM is slow in other parts.
IMHO - BTW the actual bookmarks.html have too many unneeded extra items
attached per entry. the only need things is a "choiced name" the "url"
and eventually a directory tree.

I disagree.

Several of my bookmarks also have comments.  For example, I usually
enable images only from the requested domain, but I have comments on
some bookmarks "requires all images" .

Also, I sometimes want to see the last time I went to a bookmarked site.
  No, I don't want to go to my history file and compare URIs with my
bookmarks.  In any case, I retain history only 45 days.

I can only assume that all of the same information that was contained in the flat file and all of the functionality currently in Manage Bookmarks will be retained...and this is just a change in file structure/format and not top level functionality...

...at least that's what I hope.

--
     - Rufus