Urgent need for help with SeaMonkey client for Gmail.

OK. This is a problem for which I have searched and not found an
answer either at Gmail or Mozilla/Seamonkey.
I just started using Seamonkey last month (hate Windows Live) and set
it up as mail client for my Gmail account.  However, not all mssgs
from Gmail are being dl'l to Seamonkey.  When I press "Get Mssgs" I
get a reply, "No new messages on server"  But when I go into Gmail,
there are messages in the Inbox.  I have tried and retried, but to no
avail.

How do I get Seamonkey to retrieve all messages in the Gmail Inbox??