The last couple of days, when I have been downloading my email, I sporadically get a popup window saying something to the effect that an error has occurred in truncating Inbox.mbx(?) please delete this file. I haven't deleted the file but after clicking the OK button the download continues apparently without problems.

But I am wondering if I am losing any emails. One person told me he sent me emails but I haven't received any since
Jan. 30th from him.

I have a LOT of emails saved in Inbox and subfolders of Inbox - probably between 50k and 100k. And filters to route them.

I use Windows XP Pro and AVG scans for viruses.

Any insight/advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA.