Barry Edwin Gilmour wrote:
Paul T. Karch wrote:
The last couple of days, when I have been downloading my email, I
sporadically get a popup window saying something to the effect that an
error has occurred in truncating Inbox.mbx(?) please delete this file.
I haven't deleted the file but after clicking the OK button the
download continues apparently without problems.

But I am wondering if I am losing any emails. One person told me he
sent me emails but I haven't received any since
Jan. 30th from him.

I have a LOT of emails saved in Inbox and subfolders of Inbox -
probably between 50k and 100k. And filters to route them.

I use Windows XP Pro and AVG scans for viruses.

Any insight/advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

I'll suggest repairing the folder via right-mouse-click on the
Inbox-folder, scrolling down and clicking on Properties, and clicking on
the "Repair Folder" button, although I suspect you've already tried
repairing the folder.

On my version of Seamonkey, following the steps you suggest, there is no button "Repair Folder" there is one labeled "Rebuild Summary File" is that equivalent ?