On 27/03/11 14:45, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
Daniel wrote:

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
Alex wrote:
[snip]
The clicked email link opens in a new window but I don't want to go
back to email but start navigating within the browser and it
doesn't work.

So then, I've already answered your question. You open the clicked
link in a new window. There are no links in this window to go back
to. If you want to "navigate" from there, you'll have to click on a
link in the page's content somewhere .. a menu or whatever .. or
type something in the location bar .. but there are *no* back links
in the history of that window (or forward links until you've gone
somewhere else and then back).

Alex, if I read between the lines a bit, maybe you mean that you have a
browser page open, then clicking on the link replaces the web site you
were at and you are wanting to get back to the page that you had open.

I thought that might be possible, so is why I asked the pointed
question. To which he answered: "The clicked email link opens in a new
window". Since new windows have no history yet, it is what fits.  :-)

There are two possible solutions that jump to my mind:
* If you change your preferences to open the link in the same tab, the Back and Forward buttons will work as expected. * If you install the "Duplicate This Tab" extension, you'll be able to click right on a link, then "Open Link in Duplicated Tab" which will duplicate the history, allowing you to use Back and Forward in the new tab. The same extension offers, by right-clicking on a tab in the tab bar, "Duplicate to New Window", which copies that tab, with its history, to a new window, and "Detach Tab", which moves the tab (with its history) out of its current window and into a new one.

Best regards,
Tony.
--
New York is real.  The rest is done with mirrors.