Jens Hatlak wrote:
Ant wrote:
What's the reasons for < and > ? They don't make sense to me. What's
wrong without them since most programs convert http to links just fine?

I think the point is to make clear which characters belongs to the link
and which do not. Sometimes wrapping makes that hard to predict
otherwise, and ideally a client can use the hints to reliably create a
working link.

HTH

Jens

In the past wrapping a link in between <>'s prevented it from being broken up and made useless
in other words it prevented line breaks in links. Might still do it.
--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.        "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net        mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com