On 11-04-08 10:31 PM, NoOp wrote:
Not when you open many links (tabs) per day by right-clicking on the
link. I can certainly get used to it, but to arbitrarily change the UI
from 2.1b2 to 2.1b3 does require some muscle memory retraining. The
change slows down productivity (for the time being).

"Open in New Tab" is used much more often than "Open in New Window", so they put the most popular item at the top.

You are as I've never seen tabs on top. Got a screenshot of tabs on top
with SeaMonkey?
   The first thing I did after installing FF4 was to put the tabs back on
the bottom where (IMO) they belong. You see, when you work with tabs on
a regular basis it makes no sense at all to have to move the mouse above
the URI/URL/Address bar to select a tab. The tab/window area is the main
workspace. Again; who's bright idea was that?

Here's a video explaining why tabs are on top. <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmgtW2Iw-kE>

--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>
Newsgroup moderator