Ok. So I recently discovered and am booting my Macbook Pro in 64 bit kernel mode, and was expecting to see an option to launch SM 2.0.14 in either 32 bit or 64 bit mode, or that SM 2.0.14 would be 32 bit mode by default. Or only. No option for 32/64 bit mode launch is in the Get Info window like with the 2.1 beta.

And the reason I got to this point was because I happened to go to a site that seems to require 32 bit mode browser launch to work. The site is Dish Networks "Video Everywhere" subscription site, which allows subscribers to watch Dish Network supplied content on a computer anywhere they have a net connection.

On initial navigation the site called SM an "unsupported browser", so I logged out, used User Agent Switcher to spoof Safari, and was back in and operating nicely. But when I got to the actual video content page I was presented a dialog reading "32 bit mode browser required for viewing" or something to that effect.

I have yet to try this with Safari in both 32 and 64 bit modes, but it would seem some sites actually care about what mode your browser is launched in...which was a surprise to me. As was 2.0.14 being in "64 bit" mode with no option to launch it otherwise.

So is it SM or my boot mode?  Or both?

--
     - Rufus