Wed, 25 May 2011 11:17:19 -0700, /NoOp/:
On 05/25/2011 10:38 AM, Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:

Note, Windows XP user currently get less hardware acceleration than
Vista/7 users.  The plan is to enable full hardware acceleration on
Windows XP, too, but I don't know which Gecko/Firefox it is expected
to land with.  I don't know what are the plans for the next
SeaMonkey version (would based on which Gecko version?), also.

http://hacks.mozilla.org/2010/09/hardware-acceleration/

Interesting & thanks for the link. Running the test in SeaMonkey 2.1RC1
(linux 32bit) I finally had to kill the test (it was just flipping
between 1 & 2 fps). In Opera I get 8 fps (I have an old nVida NV25GL
[Quadro4 900 XGL] workstation card on this machine). In Google Chrome &
Chromium 9 fps, epihany 4 fps, Firefox 4.0.1 4 fps (takes the cpu to 100%).

Users with older video cards/drivers are likely to get no hardware acceleration at all:

http://blog.mozilla.com/bjacob/2011/03/04/upgrade-your-graphics-drivers/

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Blocklisting/Blocked_Graphics_Drivers

--
Stanimir