On 6/11/11, NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net.invalid> wrote:
> On 06/11/2011 05:47 AM, Miles Fidelman wrote:
>> Re. Seamonkey 2.1, at least on the Mac:
>>
>> It looks like the right-click pop-up menu over links has changed from:
>> open in new window
>> open in new tab
>>
>> to:
>> open in new tab
>> open in new window
>>
>> what with muscle memory, and other browsers (Firefox, Safari) using the
>> original order, I find myself opening lots of windows when I mean to
>> open a new tab
>>
>> does this annoy anyone else?
> See the "SM 2.1b3 User Interface Changes" thread from awhile back.

Unless I missed something, that was more heat than light & just points
you to an add-on.  I'd like to know what I can change to get the old
menu order back.

For example, I don't like the close other tabs option.  I *never*
intentionally select that option, so I'd prefer that it not exist.  A
while back I found instructions for changing the right-click tab menu
order on a FF forum; slightly modified it also works to remove options
:)

open C:\Program Files (x86)\SeaMonkey\omni.jar with 7zip
navigate to
C:\Program Files (x86)\SeaMonkey\omni.jar\chrome\comm\content\navigator\
right click on tabbrowser.xml and select edit
search for "&closeOtherTabs.label"
comment out ( <!--  -->) the block

Anyone know where the right-click pop-up menu over links options are stored?

Thanks,
Lee