David E. Ross wrote:
On 6/12/11 2:17 PM, Ant wrote:
On 6/12/2011 12:52 PM PT, David E. Ross typed:

I wonder if No Squint 1.93.2.1 extension
(http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmisc.html ) will still work in SM
v2.1. I use it to set my font sizes for each web page/site.

Go to about:config and search for browser.zoom.siteSpecific.  The value
"true" -- the default value -- should cause SeaMonkey 2.1 to "remember"
how you zoomed a page.  Unfortunately, it remembers zooming for the
entire domain, which can be very annoying if you need different zooming
for different pages in the same domain.

Ah, so I can toss this extension out. I looked at its settings, and it
only does global and site (domains?) only. The reason why I like this
extension is because it can remember only changing font sizes and not
everything else like images. I hope v2.1 does this. Does v2.1 have
settings like a record list of each site settings for font sizes, how
long to remember, etc.? FYI, Firefox's NoSquint version has more
features as shown in https://urandom.ca/nosquint/ ... :/

I don't know about the details of this feature.  I found it so annoying
that I set browser.zoom.siteSpecific to "false".

Until I found out about that preference variable, I had even opened a
bug report.  The problem is that it is domain-specific, not
URI-specific.  I visit some Web sites regularly where the fonts on some
pages are too small, on some pages too large, and on some pages just
right.  If I was browsing the site with several tabs, all the tabs for
the site were affected when I zoomed one page.

NoSquint is a Life Saver for me. My eyesight is not what use to be. and as I upgrade to new computers the Display detail its larger and the details get smaller and and smaller. the display size on my MacBook Pro is now 1920x1200 on 17" screen

now if nNSquint could be set to enlarge text on email and newsgroup I'd be be thrilled.

I know you can set fonts . Problem is It affect both the Mail & news and web browser. so it you set large enough to see on Mail and news you screw up the display of Pages.

here is a sample magnified somewhat:

http://screencast.com/t/fNInHJRPSvhY

--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.        "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net        mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com