On Sunday, March 6, 2011 2:32:41 AM UTC-5, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
> Chris Ilias wrote:
>
> I was advocating best practices in
> communication, not criticizing. One of these best practices is to give a
> clear, complete answer on the first pass

With all the replies, herein, I am certainly confused for a proper citation,
but the text above gave /me/ a chuckle for, after skimming the topic of my
apparent disinterest, I find the concern I address in opening the /topic/ has
been thwarted. Allow me to clarify, I would not concern myself with derailing,
whether gratuitous, or otherwise, but here we have a conversation stemmed to
suggest-- i dare say, ironically-- what are the proper ways of communication on
this channel.

I beg your pardon, if I may reiterate my primary concern. I do not require the
reader sift the sludge of mine, to glean what signal travels along that noisy
text. With experience, of course, I've become aware that I fail to squelch the
noise from my signal, so I abstain from communique for the returns only
continue diminishing, notwithstanding my considerable effort toward the
opposite. A lonely man bares his burden, so to spare them his torment he
refuses his callers. I am likewise cognitive, and I wish to spare you.

As stated in the original text, allusion to /multiple profiles/ is not to open
discussion of "profiles", but in preface to the primary concern. Furthermore, I
presume a productive contribution, or the discussion which might ensue, is best
appreciated within the context of the "now" (i.e. i enjoy the X on the Y
release; the gizmo introduced in ver Z.1 works well, and I hope to see more
development there; etc.), unless otherwise stated and understood as such (i.e.
the conversation which /did/ ensue, here, as would rely upon speculation; the
future of multiple profile management; public reaction and opinion; etc.).

In handling discourse with kid-gloves, communication breakdown is a likely
result, albeit undesirable for effective communication. It stands to reason,
then, we're “damned if we do; damned if we don't”, and /Hank Hill/ I suspect
would agree, or Confucius. Guffaw.

Original signal, reprocessed, sans gloves; sans preface:
1.) Firefox and Seamonkey Sync suffer from an apparent lack of foresight.
2.) Sync, it seems, operates on a quantitative assessment, while
qualitative attributes:
  A.) are evaluated erroneously
  B.) while the attributes (quality) of "places" are of primary importance
... it seems the Sync evaluation somehow effectively disregards attributes in
favor of quantity of items.

I'd wished to abstain from hacking-up the sort of presentation I've provided,
directly above, but perhaps it's best for clarity.

Another way of saying it: If I never see another "Getting Started", "BBC
Headlines" RSS, and link to Firefox something or other-- it will be too soon.
(yet, i suspect i'll see it all again, real soon.)

best wishes.