On 11.07.2011 07:34, JohnQPublic wrote:

 --- Original Message ---

> Sorry to say it, but the tabs in SeaMonkey 2.2 browser just aren't up to
> snuff...
>
> The active tab needs to be highlighted with a different color, so it's easy
> to see. Firefox accomplishes this by making the active tab lighter, which
> works fine. If there's any difference in SeaMonkey, I can't see it with my
> CRT monitor. I realize that LCD monitors render grayscales better, but
> SeaMonkey should take that into consideration. I've looked through the
> settings and can't find any way to fix this, so presume it's built-in(?).
>
> Apparently the only way to close a tab in SeaMonkey with the mouse is to
> click the little x at the rightside of the tab bar, but it's too small to
> hit easily & quickly with the mouse pointer. Also that's much less
> satisfactory than having an x on each tab. Without an x on each tab, it's
> necessary to first select a tab then click the x. Very cumbersome. Or am I
> overlooking something obvious as a newbie? Yes, I'm aware of the keyboard
> shortcuts affecting tabs, but I normally use a mouse for these operations.

Add to your userChrome.css:

.tabbrowser-tab[selected="true"] > hbox,
.tabbrowser-tab[selected="true"] > .tab-close-button {
background-color: #000088 !important;
color: #fff !important;
}
.tabbrowser-tab[selected="true"]:hover > hbox,
.tabbrowser-tab[selected="true"]:hover > .tab-close-button {
background-color: #0000BB !important;
color: #fff !important;
}

This will hilite the active tab to blue. Dunno about making the X any
larger.

--
*Jay Garcia - Netscape Champion*
www.ufaq.org