Jay Garcia wrote:
On 11.07.2011 08:19, Daniel wrote:

  --- Original Message ---

JohnQPublic wrote:
Sorry to say it, but the tabs in SeaMonkey 2.2 browser just aren't up to
snuff...

The active tab needs to be highlighted with a different color, so it's
easy
to see. Firefox accomplishes this by making the active tab lighter, which
works fine. If there's any difference in SeaMonkey, I can't see it
with my
CRT monitor. I realize that LCD monitors render grayscales better, but
SeaMonkey should take that into consideration. I've looked through the
settings and can't find any way to fix this, so presume it's built-in(?).

On my screen, the currently selected tab looks significantly lighter
than the non-selected tabs.

Additionally, if you hover your mouse over the tabs, small images are
displayed of the non-selected tab screens. Nothing is displayed when
hovering over the currently selected tab, because it is currently selected.

HTH

Daniel

Apparently the only way to close a tab in SeaMonkey with the mouse is to
click the little x at the rightside of the tab bar, but it's too small to
hit easily&   quickly with the mouse pointer. Also that's much less
satisfactory than having an x on each tab. Without an x on each tab, it's
necessary to first select a tab then click the x. Very cumbersome. Or
am I
overlooking something obvious as a newbie? Yes, I'm aware of the keyboard
shortcuts affecting tabs, but I normally use a mouse for these
operations.

Please bottom post, thanks.

As I get older, I have somewhat the same problems - being able to
differentiate active tabs as well as other UI functionality. Making the
active tab a different color is far better than just making it lighter,
IMHO of course. Same goes for other buttons and such where opposing
colors can make all the difference.

Jay, I'm not trying to start another top/interspersed/bottom posting thread,here.

What I should have done, as I was only responding to the top para, I should have deleted the bottom para, so I would then have, effectively, been bottom posting.

Sorry!

--
Daniel