JohnQPublic wrote:
"Stan"<s.c.pie...@comcast.net>  wrote in message
news:myodnbfxij4m0ohtnz2dnuvz_qwdn...@mozilla.org...
JohnQPublic wrote:
My old eyes tell me that I need a larger text size on the tabs in
SeaMonkey
2.2. That would require that the tabs and Tab Bar be bigger vertically
(taller). They're noticably skinny vertically compared with Firefox, for
example.

It looks like the same size text is used on the Tab Bar, Menu Bar. and in
the address window. It's marginally acceptable at those other locations,
but
the Tab Bar needs better legibility (a bigger font). It would be OK with
me
if the font size were increased at all of those locations.

Is there any way?

Thanks.

Here are ways to adjust text size:

1. Start/Settings/Control/Personalization/Adjust Font Size

2. Start/Settings/Control/Personalization/Display Settings

3. Start/Settings/Control/Personalization/Window Color and
Appearance/Advanced. Then try adjusting Message Box and Menu fonts to
larger and possibly different fonts.

4. In SeaMonkey, Edit/Preferences/Appearance/Fonts.  Then make size column
values 16, 16, 18.  You might also want to change some of fonts
(experiment with them).

Thanks. That did it. It has been years since I played around with those
settings and I did myself some real good. My old eyes thank you!

FYI:
the SeaMonkey font settings don't affect the font size used on the tabs.
That is controlled by windows Message Box. In my Windows XP the path is:
rightclick Desktop>  Properties>  Appearance>  Advanced>  Message Box

Note: the height of the tabs in SeaMonkey is still a bit less than Firefox.
If you go to View-Zoom-120% everything looks good, but every time you go to a new page it goes small again. I don't see a way to make zoom-120% the default.