On 7/12/11 11:26 PM, Felix Miata wrote:
> On 2011/07/12 06:24 (GMT-0500) JohnQPublic composed:
>
>> My old eyes tell me that I need a larger text size on the tabs in SeaMonkey
>> 2.2. That would require that the tabs and Tab Bar be bigger vertically
>> (taller). They're noticably skinny vertically compared with Firefox, for
>> example.
>
> Tab text size and tab height are theme dependent. SM tabs are shorter in
> Modern
> theme than in default theme, the latter of which was close in height to the FF
> default last I checked. The only time I see the default theme is in a new
> profile in the few seconds between initial startup, changing theme to Modern,
> and restarting.
>
>> It looks like the same size text is used on the Tab Bar, Menu Bar. and in
>> the address window. It's marginally acceptable at those other locations, but
>> the Tab Bar needs better legibility (a bigger font). It would be OK with me
>> if the font size were increased at all of those locations.
>
>> Is there any way?
>
> I've been controlling mine via userChrome.css for probably at least 7 years.

This goes in the chrome folder in your profile (not the chrome folder in
the SeaMonkey root).  If you don't already have a file named
userChrome.css, copy the userChrome-example.css and rename it to be
userChrome.css.

Edit userChrome.css to contain the following:
        /* Font size on tabs */
        .tabbrowser-tab { font-size: 110% !important }

The first line is merely a comment to document the second line.  You can
vary the "110%" to suit your needs, but 110% is perfect for me.  Be sure
to heed the warning about not removing the @namespace line.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

On occasion, I might filter and ignore all newsgroup messages
posted through GoogleGroups via Google's G2/1.0 user agent
because of spam from that source.