Paul Bergsagel wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:
On 7/13/11 8:11 PM, Robert Gault wrote:
William Greenwood wrote:
Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:5.0)
Gecko/20110706 Firefox/5.0 SeaMonkey/2.2

When going to
URL<http://stockcharts.com/freecharts/dynamicpnf.html?$SPX> I get
message: "You either do not have Java enabled or you have an
out-of-date version
of Java installed. Please install the latest version from Java.com
and try again."

It worked fine with SM2.0.14

Works without the Java message in Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:5.0)
Gecko/20110706 Firefox/5.0 SeaMonkey/2.2 with Java Version: 6.0.240.7.

Yes, it works okay in a Windows system. But the problem is being
reported for a Mac system.

Works fine on my iMac with the latest version of Java installed. Mac OS
X 10.6.8

You want to check that you have the "Java Plug in 2 for NPAPI browser"
(NPAPI) refers to "Netscape Plugin Application Programming Interface".
If I understand things correctly, the reason the reason the plug-in
"Java Plug in 2..." is required is because of the manner that Apple's
version of Java works. Apple's java is not handled directly by the
browser, so this plug in is needed to act as a go between between the
browser and Apple's Java.

You need to check to make sure you have "Java Plug in 2 for NPAPI
browser" (the version I have installed is 13.5.0).

To check for the "Java 2...." plug in go to the Seamonkey help menu and
click on it. Click on the last item "About Plugins" and a list of all
your installed plugins. Apple's Java will not work if "Java 2 Plug-in"
is missing.

I hope this helps.
As it turns out I had to uninstall Java Embedding Plugin by deleting the following two files:

    JavaEmbeddingPlugin.bundle
    MRJPlugin.plugin

Once I did that, Java operated fine in SM2.2 and, yes, I do have Java 2 Plugin enabled. Thanks