JD wrote:
MCBastos wrote:
Interviewed by CNN on 14/07/2011 19:09, azed13 told the world:
Normally, when I install new versions of Seamonkey I check custom so
that I can disable things like Chatzilla and a couple of other services
I never. I installed 2.2 on my laptop, selected "Custom" which only
offered installation directory choice and where I wanted shortcuts. I
tried it twice, no change. Consequently, I something called IRC Chat in
my quick launch bar (which I absolutely do not want) and 2.2 seems to be
is there another installer that will actually control what is installed
like earlier versions?

This was mentioned on the Release Notes. For technical reasons, the
installer no longer has that feature. I understand that there is the
intention of writing a new version of it sometime in the future. In the
meanwhile, the modules that were "optional" in the old installer can be
uninstalled from the Add-On Manager.

Chatzilla is the IRC Chat you mention. There is also the DOM inspector
and the Javascript Debugger. All of them can be removed from the Add-On
Manager.

Where in the Add-On Manager is there a place to uninstall the modular
options like Chatzilla, Etc.?

about:addons   then choice Extension
And for ChatZilla you have 3 choices: Options - Disable - Remove