I'm not very happy with the Password Manager not working in many trivial cases such as when the form has been either produced by an XSL transformation or generated by a script, so I've done a bit of digging a have come to the following workaround others may find helpful, too.

The solution involves using the Custom Buttons [1] extension. It is not marked compatible with SeaMonkey 2.2 but otherwise works just fine having the compatibility check turned off (achieved by installing Add-on Compatibility Reporter [2]).

Now I've created and placed a custom button on my toolbar with the following code to execute:

let lm = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/login-manager;1"]
         .getService(Components.interfaces.nsILoginManager);
let forms = content.document.forms;
for (let i = 0; i < forms.length; i++) {
  lm.fillForm(forms[i]);
}

The given code appears to work even on autocomplete="off" forms, given the login info has already been stored previously. Try if it would be of any help to you.

Here's the related technical documentation:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en/XPCOM_Interface_Reference/nsILoginManager#fillForm%28%29

[1] https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/custom-buttons/
[2] https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/add-on-compatibility-reporter/

--