Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
John wrote:

I'm running SeaMonkey v2.0.14. I tried to upgrade my Yahoo! email
account to their new system, but it tells me my browser is not
supported. Firefox 3 and newer are supported, so why not SeaMonkey?

Yahoo is clueless with their browser sniffer. You will need to add
"NOT Firefox/3.6" to your User Agent string to overcome it. Their
sniffer will find the word "Firefox" and allow you to do your thing.

http://seamonkey.ilias.ca/browserfaq/UAspoofing

Rather than installing an extension, or manually hacking prefs, a solution that WORKS is to use SeaMonkey 2.2

We have included defaults there that cause Yahoo's broken browser checking script to think we are Firefox and allow everything to work fine.

--
~Justin Wood (Callek)