Justin Wood (Callek) wrote:
Rostyslaw Lewyckyj wrote:
Jim Dell wrote:
Justin Wood (Callek) wrote:
Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
I am aware of that, of course. Perhaps the user would rather not
install a whole new and unfamiliar version of the entire suite, simply
to gain access to a site where that "manual hack" (simple to do) would
suffice.

Upgrading also gets the user off a security-vulnerable release.

It also gets them on our latest, current, stable, build.

etc.

Many people don't know about the new releases, because they don't read
news groups.

My cousin, for example, who I converted to SeaMonkey several years ago
depends upon the automatic updates. What is the status of the automatic
upgrade from 2.0.14 to 2.2?

Jim
It will probably be superceded by one from 2.0.14 to 2.3 :\ :/

When 2.3 is out yes, but not before we offer the update from 2.0.14->2.2

Well, If the automatic upgrade script from 2.0.14 to 2.2 is stable
before the release of 2.3, then I guessed/predicted wrongly.
By the way the :\ and :/ are supposed to trigger a display of a wry
faced smiley perhaps :-/ or :-\ will work better :-) .