Rufus wrote:

David E. Ross wrote:

That does not work for the Add-ons Manager or the Data Manager. They
still open in tabs in the window where they were requested.

I guess that's a 2.1.x thing...one more reason I'll stick with 2.0.14 for now.

I have managed to find a work-around : simply enter "about:addons" in the
location field and hit return; the current page will be replaced by the
add-on manager, and a return can be made to the previous page when use
of the add-on manager is complete using the normal browser "Back" functionality.

Hardly elegant, but at least it will allow me to use the add-on
manager without creating a new tab.

Philip Taylor