Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
WLS wrote:
Jim Taylor wrote:
WLS wrote:
Ken wrote:
Another less-than-brilliant thing with SM 2.2. My email print-outs no
longer give the date at the top, just a time (e.g., '2.03 PM').
Some of
us rely on the date being at the top for ease of reference later
and for
filing of correspondence.

As for what S.M. 2.2 has done to the working of my Composer for my
webpages, my views on that are unprintable. For example, photos don't
appear when published, and internal links and 'anchors' have ceased
functioning.

I'll be trying later today, with help from a computers-savvy
friend on
the other end of the telephone, to use System Restore to take my
computer back a week to the previous SM. But there may still be
hours of
work involved. (Hmm. To the unthinking person here who spoke of
'laziness', I would say that my view on that is equally dark and
unprintable.)

- Ken (in Oz)

Why go through all that?

Did you check your Header and Footer options?

The date and time printed fine for me

Need help? Press the F1 function key to open SeaMonkey help, enter
print
into the search field, select printing a page, there is a section on
Using Page Setup.

Note: Some Page Setup functions are different or
unavailable on Mac OS, Linux or Unix.

Can't help you with Composer, my views to NEVER use it for web pages
are
well known.

Addendum to the previous post.

If you have the email header collapsed and only showing Subject: From:
and the time, that is what will print out.

Expanding the header in emails also shows and prints the date and time
in the body of the message.

I have the date and time print at the lower right in the footer for
every email and message.

The Date (of Subject, From, Date, To:) field of both mail and news only
shows the time on the day it is received. After the day it is received
it shows both the date and time. I suspect this is what the OP is
complaining about. This is fine for screen viewing because if there is
no date you know it is today, but on a printed copy just having the time
is worthless. I can't find any way to change this behavior so if there
really isn't any way to have the DATE: always display the date as well
as the time I would consider that a bug.

Setting the Date/Time in the Header or Footer still prints the date, as
my test email just proved to me, even though you are correct that it
only shows the time on the day it is received in the body.

Setting the Date/Time in the header will also just print the Date/Time
the email or message was printed, not received.

If the OP wants to print on the day received I still suggest they use
Date/Time in the Header

Otherwise I hope he is happy with his system restored previous SeaMonkey
with security vulnerabilities.

As long as the Date field is visible in the message header, along with
To and From and so forth, it matters little whether it also appears in
the page header. Moreover, if the page header shows the date/time when
the message was printed, it's not useful for record-keeping. What
matters is the date when the message was sent, and that should show in
the body of the page with the rest of the message.

If you insist.

I can just wait until the next day to print, after tagging it either with a custom made tag called Print this, or one that already exists like Important.

YMMV