Tue, 02 Aug 2011 22:43:16 +0300, /Stanimir Stamenkov/:
Sun, 31 Jul 2011 22:28:36 +0200, /Jens Hatlak/:
Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:

1. Secure Login <https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/secure-login/>

It is not packaged as SeaMonkey compatible but is easily patched
to make it so - see "secure_login+sm.diff" attached.

It would be great if you could get this extension running with SM
completely and then contact the author. If he doesn't want to
incorporate the changes into his version, I'm sure Philip Chee would
be glad to put your mod on his site (license it GPL, so should be
OK).

I've already contacted the author (Sebastian Tschan) and he replied
I should now contact the Abine company, being current maintainer of
the extension. I've mailed them, also. In the meantime one may find
updated compatibility patch attached to this message.

Unfortunately I'm still waiting for reply from Abine. Meanwhile I'm looking into patching the Secure Login extension further to address:

1. Work on some XSLT generated pages (by not employing HTMLDocument.forms interface, see Bug 230214);

2. Attach the login stuff to username-only forms, if info for it has already been stored into the password manager.

3. Find alternative to the current Remember Passwords extension approach (by not packaging a complete copy of the original Login Manager) for enabling remembering passwords on forms which otherwise suppress it.

I'm also trying to come up with solution to enable remembering usernames on username-only forms into the password manager w/o resorting to more complex extension like Saved Password Editor.

--
Stanimir