Don schrieb:
Is there any simple way to go back to an earlier version and still
keep my bookmarks, settings, emails etc.?

There is no older version that still is supported.

Unsorted bookmarks are those you file quickly with the new bookmarks icon at the right of the location bar.

Robert Kaiser

--
Note that any statements of mine - no matter how passionate - are never meant to be offensive but very often as food for thought or possible arguments that we as a community should think about. And most of the time, I even appreciate irony and fun! :)