I use SeaMonkey most of the time and Firefox occasionally. I try never to use IE.

The web browser and email client are critically important to me, and I think the majority of users would agree.

Since Firefox and SeaMonkey embarked on their accelerated release schedule, we've seen several updates incorporating many significant behavioral changes which are causing grief to many users. Along with this we are being encouraged to upgrade promptly because that's the only way to get the latest security patches. Why the big hurry all of a sudden?

Changes in program behavior should be fully documented in advance of an upgrade. Users who prefer the behavior of the old version should be given the option to retain it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

The end user should not be forced to be the guinea pig whose feedback becomes the quality control for these programs. Please return to the former more careful release strategy.

I worked as an electrical engineer for Motorola for many years. All too often, we had products being sold before they were designed and unrelenting pressure to push them out the door. "There's never time to do it right, but there's always time to do it over" was the cynical opinion of many of my colleagues. It seems like the software industry is the same way.
--
Q: What's the quickest way to get a mailbox full of spam?
A: Post a message in any newsgroup using a real email address.

Please reply in this newsgroup. Thank you.