Since being upgraded to Seamonkey 2.3 yesterday, I have
started to notice some very odd (and completely new)
behaviour --

Last night I was attempting to watch some streaming
video, but it was taking an eternity to stream.  Whilst
waiting for something to happen, I used the mouse to
interact with other programs that were open (ConvertXtoDVD,
AVCHD Editor, VirtualDub, Windows Explorer, and the
e-mail client of Seamonkey).  Each time I did so,
a little extra streaming too place.  It took me about
fifteen minutes to realise the significance of this,
after which I placed the mouse in the streaming video
window and started to moved it.  So long as I kept the
mouse in continuous motion, the video streamed just
fine; as soon as I stopped moving the mouse, the video
froze.  Moving the video across the Start bar buttons,
the video moves briefly as the mouse crosses each button
boundary.  If I display the video full screen, it streams
normally and no mouse movement is needed to keep it in
motion.

This morning, my e-mails were taking an eternity to
display.  After a few minutes, I remember my experiments
of last night, and tried moving the mouse into the message
pane.  As soon as I did so, the messages were displayed
instantly.  All the while I left the mouse in the message
header window, the status bar displayed "Loading Message..."
but the message was never displayed.  If I move the mouse
between headers in the message window, this accelerates
things slightly.  Moving the mouse into the message body
pane causes the message to appear in full and virtually
instantaneously

Philip Taylor
--------
about:buildconfig
Source

Built from http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-release/rev/504b6b4cace0
Build platform
target
i686-pc-mingw32
Build tools
Compiler        Version         Compiler flags
d;D:\mozilla-build\msys\mozilla-build\python25\python2.5.exe -O
e;D:\mozilla-build\msys\builds\slave\rel-comm-rel-w32-bld\build\mozilla\build\cl.py
 cl  14.00.50727.762         -TC -nologo -W3 -Gy -Fdgenerated.pdb -DNDEBUG
-DTRIMMED -Zi -Zi -UDEBUG -DNDEBUG -O1
d;D:\mozilla-build\msys\mozilla-build\python25\python2.5.exe -O
e;D:\mozilla-build\msys\builds\slave\rel-comm-rel-w32-bld\build\mozilla\build\cl.py
 cl  14.00.50727.762         -TP -nologo -Zc:wchar_t- -W3 -Gy -Fdgenerated.pdb
-wd4800 -DNDEBUG -DTRIMMED -Zi -Zi -UDEBUG -DNDEBUG -O1
Configure arguments

--enable-application=suite --enable-update-channel=release
--enable-update-packaging --enable-jemalloc --enable-tests
--enable-application=suite --enable-update-channel=release
--enable-update-packaging --enable-jemalloc --enable-tests
--enable-application=../suite --disable-official-branding
--with-branding=../suite/branding/nightly --cache-file=.././config.cache
--srcdir=/e/builds/slave/rel-comm-rel-w32-bld/build/mozilla

Mainboard :     Intel D915GUX
Chipset :       Intel i915G
Processor :     Intel Pentium 4 660 @ 3600MHz
Physical Memory :       2048MB (2 x 1024 DDR2-SDRAM )
Video Card :    ATI Radeon X300/X550/X1050 Series
Hard Disk :     HDT722516DLA380 (165GB)
Hard Disk :     HDT722516DLA380 (165GB)
Hard Disk :     Maxtor OneTouch (750GB)
DVD-Rom Drive : SONY DVD RW DW-Q30A
CD-Rom Drive :  Toshiba-Samsung CD-R/RW SH-R522C
Monitor Type :  MD1998LM - 18 inches
Network Card :  Marvell Semiconductor (Was: Galileo Technology Yukon 88E8050
PCIe ASF Gigabit Ethernet Controller
Operating System :      Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.01.2600 Service
Pack 3 (32-bit)
DirectX :       Version 9.0c  (March 2009)