Sun, 21 Aug 2011 11:42:34 +0100, /Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd)/:

OK, if I remember correctly there are various different
ways of forwarding messages : inline, as attachment, ...

        Edit / Preferences / Mail & Newsgroups / Composition

It might be worth checking that both Thunderbird *
Seamonkey are configured to forward in an identical way.

Sun, 21 Aug 2011 11:28:18 +0100, /Neil Winchurst/:

Thanks for the quick reply. I did another test. I tried the same thing
using Thunderbird. That is to say, I sent an email with an attachment
to myself. This worked. Then I tried to forward it to the same email
address as I tried in SeaMonkey, and it worked just fine.

So it cannot be the receiving mail server as far as I can see. That
mail server was the same one for both tests, SM failed and Tbird worked.

Neil, the receiving server depends on the recipient. Did you send to yourself with the previous test, also? Check if you're always forwarding as attachment, as Philip TAYLOR suggested.

--
Stanimir