FYI:
After getting the "you're running an older version" message, downloading and installing the 2.3.2 .dmg file (Mac), I found that I was still getting the error message -- looking deeper, I found that the installed version announces itself as 2.3.1, and looking into the downloaded package, "get info" and the info.plist file revealed that it was, in fact, 2.3.1 --- looks like something in the distribution pipeline went wrong.

Already filed a big report.