cmcadams wrote:
Peter wrote:
I use three computers regularly, and all have the hangup problem where Seamonkey
stops responding for up to 30 seconds at a time for no apparent reason. I've
actually
had to stop using Seamonkey on one of the computers now, because the frozen to
usable
ratio is too high to get anything done.

I believe that Seamonkey is busy doing something that it thinks is too
important to
give up CPU cycles to the user.

I've seen lots of people reporting similar problems - is there anything that we
can
do to help find a solution? Perhaps some way of us determining what Seamonkey is
actually doing when it hangs?

Peter

Also here, when the Seamonkey IMAP client sees (or is told) that
a new message has arrived and starts downloading it.  Typing can
completely freeze for several seconds, if not longer.

Philip Taylor