David E. Ross wrote:
On 10/25/11 10:19 AM, Larry wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:
On 10/25/11 6:13 AM, Larry wrote:
Daniel wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:
On 10/24/11 9:59 AM, Sandy wrote:
Otto Wyss wrote:
This has been mentioned several times yet no progress is visble at all.
No question SeaMonkey is loosing users because of this, lots of users.
Why isn't anyone working on this?

I do not understand this. SM works faultlessly for me and I have
limited computer ability and also for SWAMBO who has none.

Maximize your SeaMoneky window on your monitor. On your menu bar,
select [Tools>   Data Manager]. Without switching tabs or changing the
window size, move your cursor over the Data Manager display. You should
see flickers as the cursor crosses the edges of panes in the tab and as
it goes over domains in the Domain pane on the left side. (Actually,
you should not see flickers but will, which is the point of bug #662871.)

WFM!!....or should I type "Doesn't not work for me!!", i.e. I opened a
new tab (just in case that matters), and opened the Data Manager in that
tab, moved the mouse around the screen, and the only thing I noticed
was, as I moved the mouse from the "Domain" section to the "Form Data"
part of the screen, the mouse icon flicked from it's normal single
arrowhead to a double arrowhead (to drag the divider).

Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686 on x86_64; rv:7.0.1)
Gecko/20110928 Firefox/7.0.1 SeaMonkey/2.4.1

Same for me--no flicker.
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20110928
Firefox/7.0.1 SeaMonkey/2.4.1

Don't hold down any button while you move the mouse.  Just move the
cursor without any dragging.

Repeated to make sure. Still nothing. Even the double arrow at the edge
of the panes is stable. Maybe an extension (amateur analysis)? I have
very few--the three that came with 2.4.1, plus Remember Passwords and
Saved Password Editor.

Yes!  It is an add-on, but not an extension.  The problem in bug #662871
-- flickering in the Data Manager -- is caused by the Default theme of
SeaMonkey.

I launched SeaMonkey in Safe Mode.  There was no flickering.  I checked
the Add-ons Manager and noticed ALL themes were disabled.

I relaunched SeaMonkey and enabled the Modern Theme.  (I think Modern is
ugly, which is why I was using Default.  Please don't start defending
Modern: There is no disputing taste.)  There was no flickering.  I then
enabled Default, and the flickering returned.

I have updated bug #662871 accordingly.

Using Modern here, so that's why there's no problem. Hadn't occurred to me to check. As to Themes, YMMV.