Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Useta be, when I deleted a mail folder, it would be moved to Trash, and I could
recover it if I made a mistake -- at least until I emptied the trash. Now it
seems that I'm working without a net -- if I delete a folder, it's gone
instantly, no chance of recovery.

Is there an option I can set to return to the old way, or do I just have to be
perfect?

Sounds like a corrupt profile. I just created 2 folders under Inbox, deleted them, and they both went to Trash.

I do have the box in Preferences > Mail and Newsgroups > General Setting > Confirm when moving folders to the Trash checked, so I get a warning.

--

SeaMonkey - openSUSE 11.3 Linux - 1.8GHz CPU - 2GB RAM
Get openSUSE: http://software.opensuse.org/114/en