Rostyslaw Lewyckyj wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Useta be, when I deleted a mail folder, it would be moved to Trash, and
I could recover it if I made a mistake -- at least until I emptied the
trash. Now it seems that I'm working without a net -- if I delete a
folder, it's gone instantly, no chance of recovery.

Is there an option I can set to return to the old way, or do I just have
to be perfect?

Are you aware that shift+delete will "delete" your message of folder
without moving/copying it to trash!
Delete will flag the message/folder as deleted in the source
folder/folder list. (i.e. they will not be visible), and copy the
contents to trash.
Shift+Delete will flag the message/folder but will NOT copy the contents
to trash.

So until you have compressed, or deleted the trash and compressed the
folders, you can edit the raw data files to recover the messages, and
folders. You can do it either by resetting the flags in

Perhaps you are inadvertently doing a shift+delete

Nope, I'm not.

Paul B. Gallagher