On 11/6/11 12:07 AM, Ray_Net wrote:
> David E. Ross wrote:

>>>        I was about to give up on this signature attempt when I learned
>>> about the Attachment of the signature being a problem.  I then decided
>>> if there was another way of accomplishing the same thing in a non image
>>> file.  I found the answer right in front of me and it seems to work with
>>> few steps involved.  Here is what I did (starting from the SeaMonkey Inbox):
>>>
>>> 1. Clicked "Compose"
>>>
>>> 2. Added an "Address", "Subject", and a Message Text.
>>>
>>> 3. I then clicked the selection V at the end of the small window
>>> containing "Variable Width" typed in it. (This small window is located
>>> under the subject space and above the message space.  I then selected
>>> "Script MT Bold" from the drop down list.
>>>
>>> 4. I next selected the font size for the signature by either clicking
>>> the A Up Arrow or the A Down Arrow.
>>>
>>> 5. Lastly, I sent the message.
>>>
>>> Note: All of the settings I made during this process reverted back to
>>> the original settings once the message was sent.
>>>
>>>        I hope this all makes sense...if not, let me know.  Also, I
>>> believe this procedure will work without involving the attachment
>>> problem identified in some of the responses...if not, let me know.
>>>
>>>        Thanks again for your help.
>>>
>>> Frog
>>
>> The recipient will see your signature in Script MT Bold only if he or
>> she has installed that font.  According to
>> <http://www.codestyle.org/css/font-family/index.shtml>, that font
>> appears on only 58% of Windows systems and not at all on Mac or Linux
>> systems.
>>
> So the best way is composing an html signature with an embedded .gif file.

Not really.  The recipient might have blocked the opening of
attachments.  As I said before in this thread, inline graphics files
(GIF, JPEG, BMP, PNG, etc) are separated from an E-mail message as the
message traverses the Internet.  They are treated as attachments until
the recipient's E-mail application recombines them with the message --
BUT ONLY IF the recipient allows attachments to be opened and does not
force HTML-formatted messages to be viewed as if ASCII-formatted.

Why would a recipient block the opening of a GIF file?  Because GIF
files (and other graphics files, too) have been known to carry malware,
according to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's US-CERT.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation.
© 1997 by David E. Ross