David E. Ross wrote:
On 11/5/11 11:42 AM, Frog wrote:
Frog wrote:

I am trying to make a .GIF signature file that can be attached to a
message---like I can attach a piece of clip art to a message. Can this
be done? If so, what are the steps to make this happen?

Thanks in advance for any help sent my way.

Frog

       I was about to give up on this signature attempt when I learned
about the Attachment of the signature being a problem.  I then decided
if there was another way of accomplishing the same thing in a non image
file.  I found the answer right in front of me and it seems to work with
few steps involved.  Here is what I did (starting from the SeaMonkey Inbox):

1. Clicked "Compose"

2. Added an "Address", "Subject", and a Message Text.

3. I then clicked the selection V at the end of the small window
containing "Variable Width" typed in it. (This small window is located
under the subject space and above the message space.  I then selected
"Script MT Bold" from the drop down list.

4. I next selected the font size for the signature by either clicking
the A Up Arrow or the A Down Arrow.

5. Lastly, I sent the message.

Note: All of the settings I made during this process reverted back to
the original settings once the message was sent.

       I hope this all makes sense...if not, let me know.  Also, I
believe this procedure will work without involving the attachment
problem identified in some of the responses...if not, let me know.

       Thanks again for your help.

Frog

The recipient will see your signature in Script MT Bold only if he or
she has installed that font.  According to
<http://www.codestyle.org/css/font-family/index.shtml>, that font
appears on only 58% of Windows systems and not at all on Mac or Linux
systems.

So the best way is composing an html signature with an embedded .gif file.