David E. Ross wrote:

More important, going to [Tools>  Add-ons Manager] on the SeaMonkey menu
bar and selecting the Plugins icon in the left margin shows a list of
plugins.  At the top of the list, there seems to be a link "Check to see
if your plugins are up to date".  This is underlined and in the color of
an unvisited link; hovering my cursor over it turns my cursor into a
hand, further indicating a link.  Disabling CSS shows that this is a
button.  In any case, this link is a no-op; hovering my cursor over it
shows no URI in the status bar.

This is the link to which I was referring, and which remains
dysfunctional following a reboot.

Philip Taylor