OK, I'm in the process of trying to restore emails which I stupidly deleted when erasing my settings in safe mode. I found the email folders in

C:\documents and settings\david\application data\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\Profiles\ot85ufde.default
This is, as you probably can tell by the path, an XP machine.
How do I tell Seamonkey to point to that profile to get to its mail folder which is contained in the above folder. Should I modify the profiles.ini file or go into Profile Manager. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
David