Ray_Net wrote:

I suspect that the original page was created by ... perhaps this line
 has been dropped manually:
<!--This file created 6/17/08 9:06 PM by Claris Home Page version
3.0-->

Ah, that. Sooo old; no wonder I didn't recognize it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claris_Homepage
"Claris Home Page was finally discontinued in 2001."

In fact the home page http://www.cerm.info/index.htm contains:
<!--This file created 1/25/10 6:42 AM by Claris Home Page version
3.0-->

For the local file, i have also seen on a site of a friend created by
 Claris Home Page .. the same error :-) If nobody tell him where is
the wrong link, he never knows because when he test the page, he is
able to open his local file on his computer and did not see any error
:-)

That's true. I remember a discussion somewhere several years ago, where an author insisted his page and files were all correct -- because it worked on his computer.

I prefer Bluefish to write and maintain my web sites.

--
   -bts