On 12/10/11 6:46 AM, Edward wrote:
> David E. Ross wrote:
>
>> On 12/7/11 1:08 PM, km wrote:
>>> ... i am badly visually impair. i know: [VIEW] Zoom etc.
>>> but this must be done manually for EVERY read. is there a way
>>> to preset my zoom???
>>>
>>> km
>>
>> On the SeaMonkey menu bar, select [Edit>  Preferences].  On the left
>> side of the Preferences window (under Category), select [Appearance>
>> Fonts].  On the Fonts pane, change the Sizes.
>
> There is also the View/Zoom menu.  Wouldn't any changes made there,
> remain set between sessions?

No, zooming must be redone each time SeaMonkey is launched and again for
each new window or tab.

However, there is a capability to remember zooming for a particular
domain.  I forgot about this because it was so annoying that I disabled
it.  To enable it (if enabled is not the default setting):

1.  On the SeaMonkey menubar, select [Edit > Preferences].

2.  On the left side of the Preferences window under Category, select
[Appearance > Content].

3.  Check the checkbox for "Remember zoom levels on per-site basis".

4.  Select the OK button.

I found this to be annoying because, at a given site, only one page
might have text too small; it might even be a portion of the text and
not the entire page.  When I zoomed that page larger, I found the other
pages at that site would then have text too large (and vice versa).

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation.
© 1997 by David E. Ross