On 12/21/11 7:15 AM, schwe...@optonline.net wrote:
> MCBastos wrote:
>>              (snip)
>>
>> As Jim Taylor explained, you can still export your bookmarks to
>> bookmarks.html. There's even a preference, I understand, to do it
>> automatically every time you close Seamonkey.
>>
>>              (snip)
>
> Where is that preference? I keep bookmarks in an HTML file in my
> profile, and it was updated with each SM restart. Now it isn't any more,
> but I don't remember how I set that up. (Maybe it disappeared with 2.5?)
> Thanks for any suggestions!
> Larry

I put the following into my user.js file in my profile:
        user_pref("browser.bookmarks.autoExportHTML", true);
        // automatically export bookmarks into an HTML file
The first line is what does it; don't forget the semi-colon (;) at the
end of the line.  The second line is a comment to remind me why I'm
doing this.  This becomes effective the next time you launch SeaMonkey.

Alternatively, you can go to about:config and set
browser.bookmarks.autoExportHTML to True.  This becomes effective
immediately.  However, you can't annotate about:config with comments.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation.
© 1997 by David E. Ross