Not@home wrote:

I go to a web site daily, and it is often slow. I assumed this is
because they have a relatively small server. So would keeping yourself
logged into such a site slow it down for everyone else?

Why should it? The fact that you still have a cookie of theirs sitting on your computer doesn't tie up any of their resources, it just helps their site know what to do in response to your mouse clicks.

Now, if you were continuously streaming their videos or something, that would be a different story.

Paul B. Gallagher