Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
DoctorBill wrote:

When logging into some web sites I visit, I see that when I go back,
I am still logged in. Some not....

Some sites make me log in every 5 minutes or so of not having them
onscreen all the time.

So what is happening - cookies being placed ?

Certainly.

If so - are they ALWAYS in the cookie file or are other methods
employed ?

If so, I would like to figure out how to make these log-in's
permanent.

Cookies specify an expiration date and time, some longer than others. Anything longer than a year is "permanent" for most practical purposes. But you can't force a site to set a permanent cookie, and you can't keep them from clearing an aged one. The most you can do, if you really want the busybodies tracking your every move, is to accept all cookies and never clear them.

Is it posssible to modify the cookie in such a way that the expiration date will be 1/1/2100 ?