Philip TAYLOR wrote:
Does Seamonkey not make any use of DNS cacheing ? I am staggered
at the number of occasions when a re-visit to a page at which
I was only a few second before results in the status text

"Looking up www.thehappypiper.yolasite.com"

or whatever.

Philip Taylor

Do you want SeaMonkey displaying the current content of the website you are looking at??

As I understand things, when you make a request for a web page, SeaMonkey sends off a request for the date/time the web page was created. It then compare this info with the info for the web page it has in cache.

If the date/Time info is the same, SeaMonkey then re-displays what is in cache...if the web data is later, SeaMonkey then downloads the latest data.

HTH

--
Daniel