km wrote:
MMy mail went down abt a momth ago [strangly NEWS is ok???]
so i was forced to use t-bird for mail. but i miss SM. is there a way to
use the t-bird server for mail and leave the news server alone. thus
incorporating MAIL & NEWS in SM like before. i know it is noy
recommended but ...

km

Sorry, what's not recommended??

I've used SeaMonkey (and before that Mozilla Suite and Netscape) to handle my Mail and News for yonks.

I you need do is set yourself up an email account in SeaMonkey. I seem to remember that, sometimes, when you have set up a news account, you don't get the option to set up a Mail account, but I think there is an about:config fiddle which would allow it.

One possible work-around would be to set up a new profile, Tools->Switch Profiles->Manage Profiles->Create Profile and set up a new email account (settings similar to you TB accounts) then set up your news accounts.

HTH

--
Daniel