Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Philip TAYLOR wrote:

Brief reply, because we are seriously off-topic here :

1) Don't give up with Win/7. I HATED it when I first tried it on
others' machines, and found myself saying over and over again
"Sorry, can't help you : no idea where they have hidden that
in Win/7". BUT, once I got it for myself, disabled Aero,
made it look as much like XP as possible, and finally came
to grips with the crazy Explorer that has ditched an "Up"
button, I began to see that it was not as bad as I thought.

Pretty much my reaction.

Note that Explorer shows the full path in the status bar at top, so if
you want to go "up" just click on any element of the path and it'll jump
right to it. If you're five levels down and want to go up three, one
click instead of three is more efficient.

Also better to view folders under the "Libraries" heading because
display options stick there, whereas if you view them directly under
C:\Users\yadayada... you have to customize each and every folder and it
keeps forgetting the sort order.

Thanks for the response & tips, Paul! :) I still love XP and SM 2.0+. ;)
bj