Gerald Ross wrote:
NoOp wrote:
On 02/14/2012 08:44 AM, chicagofan wrote:
.... which has SM 2.7 already, without any problems/conflicts?

I would like to copy my present SM 2.0.14 program to my new laptop,
instead of copying off some files. Is that possible? I may go back to
2.0.14 if this will work.
bj

http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.7/
First item under known issues.

Is the 2.0.14 program still working? If so, here is the way I do it.
1. Install 2.o.14 on the new computer, but don't open it. It needs to be
installed in the same directory as on the old setup. This will get the
program registered with Windows. If you are going from Win XP to Win 7
there may be an issue here as it uses different places for the files.

That is what I am worried about. Where are the SM 2.7 files on Win7? My 2.0.14 files are on WinXP now. :(

t Copy the seamonkey files the old computer to the new one, after
deleting the newly installed files. This includes the files found under
Mozilla in Documents & Settings.

That's what I am trying to avoid... deleting the 2.7 installation, because installing newsgroups was such a nightmare. :)

I was hoping I could install the 2.0.14 copy in a new directory... if I knew where all the 2.7 files are on Win7. I will delete 2.7... if that is the only way to get 2.0.14 on Win7.

I really don't want to give up on SM as my mail/browser, but after reading No Op's message about Known Issues... it reads like....no matter where I put 2.0... it will be destroyed. :( <sigh>

Data loss warning: If you use a profile with this or any later version and then
try to go back to SeaMonkey 2.0, SeaMonkey will rename your history file to
places.sqlite.corrupt and create a new places.sqlite file, effectively
resetting your browsing history. This is because the internal format changed
and the upgrade process only works in one direction.

bj