With the demise of Scroogle, which has been my sole search engine for many
years, I am looking for a search engine that does not spy on me. StartPage
looks to be the only decent results one in this category. Why can't I
install it on SM? I am really surprised that I cannot. It has been around
for four or five years now but is much more private now than in the past and
is the only search engine to win approval from EU. What do SM users in EU
do?

I even tried to install the Fx version on SM.  It reports an XML parsing
error.

Even if it would install, if SM throws the same bug that Fx throws when I
try to use it then I can't use it, but I was hoping the problem in Fx is due
to my still using 4.01 (soon to be Fx Enterprise version when I get around
to it). Since I have the latest SM, and not everything is the same in both
browsers, I was hoping I would not encounter the bug in SM since it is the
latest version and the bug could be related in Fx to the version I am using.
But since it won't install, I can't even try it.